Custom report scheduling will allow you to centrally schedule and distribute Kibana Dashboards with custom charts as hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly PDF and Excel reports. The Kibana dashboard forms the basis of the scheduled report. Skedler will automatically discover all the existing Kibana dashboards for you. You just need to select one dashboard and then customize the dashboard charts for your report.
Note: For Skedler v3.2 refer How to create and schedule a custom report based on Kibana dashboard
- A successful configuration of Skedler settings. Refer How to configure email settings, timezone settings and default logo for reports
- A successful report template creation. Refer How to create a Report Template
Click on Scheduled Reports in the Menu.
To schedule the report, click the Schedule Report button.
Enter the appropriate values in the fields to generate the report.
1. Enter the name of the report in the Report Name field.
2. Select the type as Dashboard to schedule the report.
3. Select the required dashboard from the Select Dashboard drop-down to generate reports.
4. Optionally, enter the Report Output Directory it allows to store the scheduled reports in the Skedler server. You can also customize your report output directory by adding the custom parameters. To display the list of custom parameters created type $ in the Report Output Directory field. By default the Include Basepath is enabled Skedler will take the base path configured in the Advanced settings page and the report will be generated in that location. You can also override by unchecking the Include Basepath.
5. Optionally, enter the Report Tags which helps you to search the report based on the tags.
1. Select the required template from Select Template drop-down to generate a custom report.
2. To preview the selected template click VIEW TEMPLATE button.
3. Choose the Layout Type as Custom Layout. On selecting the option, you will be navigated to the Custom Layout page, the left panel displays the list of charts present in the Kibana dashboard. The right panel is the Report page of the template where you can drag and drop the charts to the Main section.
4. To add charts to the Main section, drag and drop the Kibana dashboard charts displayed on the left panel of the Custom Layout page to the desired position.
5. To increase or decrease the size in one or more directions, You’ll see a box around the object with dots along the edges and in the corners, click, hold down the mouse button and drag a sizing handle inwards to shrink or outward to enlarge.
6. To delete the chart from the page click the delete icon.
7. Click ADD PAGE to add subsequent page. Initially, the Report page count is 1. The page count increases when a new page is added.
8. Once clicked the current page scrolls up and the newly added page is visible where you can drag and drop the required charts in the desired position and the Report page count is increased.
9. Click the settings icon to customize your report by adding a page title, text to the chart area and delete page.
10. Click the plus icon of the Page Title. To add the title to the page.
11. Once clicked the report template item is displayed with the Page title displays here... text.
12. Double click on the object and add the text and then click the save icon to save the Page title report template item. Once saved the report title is displayed.
13. Click the plus icon of the Add text to the chart area. To add text to the chart area.
14. Once clicked the report template item is displayed click and drag the report template item to the required position in the Chart area.
- Double-click the item. Type your text in the text area.
- To format the text,
- Select the text you want to modify
To apply the formatting, click one or more of the formatting buttons on the Mini-Toolbar: Font Size, Underline, Strikethrough, Bulleted list, Alignment or Font Color.
- Click the save icon.
15. To delete the Report page click the delete icon.
16. To instantly preview the report with the added charts click the PREVIEW button.
17. To save the custom report click the SAVE button. On the custom, report saves, click BACK button to navigate back to the Schedule report page.
1. If the Kibana Dashboard is saved with Store time with dashboard in Kibana then Use dashboard time window option is enabled by default. This schedules the report for the stored time.
If Use dashboard time window checkbox is not selected, Time Window is enabled, which allows you to generate the report for a specific time window.
2. Optionally, select the required filter from the Select Filter drop-down. By default, the “No filter” option is selected.
Refer How to use filters with scheduled reports to set up the filter and configure the filter for the scheduled reports.
Optionally you can enable Schedule Details section. If you would like to schedule the reports enable the Schedule Details section check box and specify the following details, If you don't want your report to be generated uncheck the Schedule Details section check box.
1. Set up the schedule for the report by selecting the Frequency Type as “Hourly”, “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly”, or “Yearly”
2. Enter the scheduled frequency time in the Schedule Frequency Time section to schedule report generation.
3. Enter/select the start time to generate the report from the Start Time field.
Optionally you can enable Report Actions section. If the Email Setting option is set to “on” in the Email configuration settings page.
You can find the two action buttons Mail and Slack. Click the respective action button to configure the details for the reports. By default, the Mail action tab is displayed if the Email Setting option is set to “on” in the Email configuration settings page.
1. Enter the recipient email address in the Email To field.
2. To send a copy of the email, enter the email addresses in the Email CC field.
3. To send a copy of the email privately, enter the recipient email address in the Email BCC field.
4. If the generated report has no date for the specified Time Window then the email will be sent to recipient entered in the Warning Email field.
5. To send the generated reports to the recipients corresponding to the filter, select the Include Recipients in Filter checkbox. Refer to Set up Filters section for information on setting up the filter.
6. Enter the subject of the email in the Subject field.
7. Enter the message for the email in the Message field.
8. Select the parameter name from the Merge Parameter Name field. You can merge the Custom parameter names in the Subject and Message fields for the email with the generated report.
9. To send a copy of the report instantly, click the Mail Now button.
10. To save the scheduled report, click Save.
11. If the Email Setting option is set of "off" in the Email Configuration page, you can generate the reports using the Generate now option.
You can also schedule the slack for the report if the Slack Setting option is set to “on” in the Slack configuration settings page.
1. Click the Slack action button. The Slack action tab is displayed.
2. Enter the Channel name or the user name or the user id in the Send To field to which the reports have to be sent.
3. Enter the message for the email in the Message field.
4. Select the parameter name from the Merge Parameter Name field. You can merge the parameter names in the Message fields for the slack with the generated report.
5. Additional Information lets you send the parameter name to the Slack message. By default, the Additional Information option is enabled with the default parameters.
6. To send a copy of the report instantly, click the Send Slack button.
7. If the Setting Setting option is set to "off" in the Slack Configuration page, you can generate the reports using the Generate now option.
8. Once the action tab details are configured click the Save button.
When the report is scheduled, you can view the scheduled report for the Dashboard.