Custom report scheduling will allow you to centrally schedule and distribute Kibana Dashboards with custom charts as hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly PDF and Excel reports. The Kibana dashboard forms the basis of the scheduled report. Skedler will automatically discover all the existing Kibana dashboards for you. You just need to select one dashboard and then customize the dashboard charts for your report.
- A successful configuration of Skedler settings. Refer How to configure email settings, timezone settings and default logo for reports
- A successful report template creation. Refer How to create a Report Template
Click on Scheduled Reports in the Menu.
To schedule the report, click the Schedule Report button.
Enter the appropriate values in the fields to schedule the report.
1. Enter the name of the report in the Scheduled Report Name field.
2. Select the type as Dashboard.
3. Select the required dashboard from the Select Dashboard dropdown to generate reports.
4. Select the required filter from the Select Filter dropdown. By default, the “No filter” option is selected.
Refer How to use filters with scheduled reports to setup the filter and configure the filter for the scheduled reports.
5. Optionally, enter the folder path to store the scheduled reports in the Folder Path field.
1. Select PDF as the format of the report from the Select Format drop-down.
2. Optionally, you can enable the Include Report type option to generate excel report along with the other report type PDF, PNG - Inline, or PNG - Attachment. By default, None is set
1. Select the required template from Select Template drop-down to generate a custom report.
2. To preview the selected template click VIEW TEMPLATE button.
3. Choose the Layout Type as Custom Layout. On selecting the option, you will be navigated to the Custom Layout page, the left panel displays the list of charts present in the Kibana dashboard. The right panel is the Report page of the template where you can drag and drop the charts to the Main section.
4. To add charts to the Main section, drag and drop the Kibana dashboard charts displayed on the left panel of the Custom Layout page to the desired position.
5. To increase or decrease the size in one or more directions, You’ll see a box around the object with dots along the edges and in the corners, click, hold down the mouse button and drag a sizing handle inwards to shrink or outward to enlarge.
6. To delete the chart from the page click the delete icon.
7. Click ADD PAGE to add subsequent page. Initially, the Report page count is 1. The page count increases when a new page is added.
8. Once clicked the current page scrolls up and the newly added page is visible where you can drag and drop the required charts in the desired position and the Report page count is increased.
9. To delete the Report page click the delete icon.
10. To instantly preview the report with the added charts click the PREVIEW button.
11. To save the custom report click the SAVE button. On the custom report save, your are navigated back to the Schedule report page.
1. Set up the schedule for the report by selecting the Frequency Type as “Hourly”, “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly”, or “Yearly”
2. Enter the scheduled frequency time in the Schedule Frequency Time section to schedule report generation.
3. Enter/select the start time to generate the report in the Start Time field.
4. If the Dashboard is saved with Store time with dashboard in Kibana then Use dashboard time window option is enabled by default. This schedules the report for the stored time.
If Use dashboard time window checkbox is not selected, Time Window is enabled, which allows you to generate the report for a specific time window.
You can generate the reports using the Generate now option when the Email Setting option is set to “off” in the Email Configuration page. You can also schedule the email for the report if the Email Setting option is set to “on” in the Email configuration page. For more information, refer the Configure Email section.
1. Enter the recipient email address in the Email To field.
2. To send a copy of the email, enter the email addresses in the Email CC field.
3. To send the generated reports to the recipients corresponding to the filter, select the Include Recipients in Filter checkbox. Refer to Set up Filters section for information on setting up the filter.
4. Enter the subject of the email in the Subject field.
5. Enter the message for the email in the Message field.
6. Select the parameter name from the Merge Parameter Name field. You can merge the parameter names in the Subject and Message fields for the email with the generated report.
7. To send a copy of the report instantly, click the Mail Now button.
8. To save the scheduled report, click Save.
When the report is scheduled, you can view the scheduled custom report for the Dashboard.