Report scheduling will allow you to centrally schedule and distribute Kibana Dashboards or Search as hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly PDF/Excel/CSV reports. The Kibana search forms the basis of the search scheduled report. Skedler will automatically discover all the existing Kibana searches for you. You just need to select one search for your report.
- A successful configuration of Skedler settings. Refer How to configure email settings, timezone settings and default logo for reports
Enter the details for the report
1. Enter the name of the report in the Scheduled Report Name field.
2. Select the type as Search.
3. Select the required search from the Select Search field.
4. Select a filter from the Select Filter drop-down. By default, the “No filter” option is selected.
Refer How to use filters with scheduled reports to setup and configure the filter for the scheduled reports.
5. Enter the Folder Path name - the server reports directory in which the scheduled reports are to be stored.
1. Select the required report format from the Select Format drop-down. The available options are PDF or Excel or CSV.
2. Optionally, if you chose PDF reports, you can select the Include Report type option to attach Excel or CSV report. By default option "None" is selected.
1. Select the required template from the Select Template drop-down. By default, "No Template" is selected.
Note: Custom template can be configured only for a PDF report.
2. Enter the title of the report generated in the Report Title field.
3. Optionally, you can configure the Report Layout based on the report type.
Note: Layout Configuration is applicable only for PDF reports.
- Font Family: You can select the type of font in which the report needs to be generated.
- Paper size: If the report type is PDF, you can configure the paper size of the report as follows:
- Set the paper or sheet size as Letter, Legal, A4, A3, Tabloid or Default size (Height as 1024 pixel and width as 2048 pixel)\
- Select the Page orientation (Landscape or Portrait)
4. Optionally, you can set a logo for the PDF report to be generated. By default "No Logo" is selected. The logo options are as follows:
- Default Logo: In the Configuration page you can upload the default logo to the PDF reports from "Other Settings"(This applies for all reports).
- Custom Logo: You can set custom logo for a specific report by uploading logo in the Logo field.
1. Setup the schedule for the report by selecting the Frequency Type as “Hourly”, “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly”, or “Yearly”.
2. Enter the scheduled frequency time in the Schedule Frequency Time section to schedule report generation.
3. Enter/select the start time to generate the report in the Start Time field.
4. Select the Time Window option to generate the report for a specific time window.
Note: Kibana does not allow you to save Search with time; hence you cannot schedule a search based report using the “Use dashboard time window” option.
You can generate the reports using the Generate now option when the Email Setting option is set to “off” in the Email Configuration page. You can schedule an email for the report if the Email Setting option is set to “on” in the Email configuration page. For more information, refer the Configure Email section.
1. Enter the recipient email address in the Email To field.
2. To send a copy of the email, enter the email addresses in the Email CC field.
3. To send the generated reports to the recipients corresponding to the filter, select the Include Recipients in Filter checkbox. Refer to Set up Filters section for information on setting up the filter.
4. Enter the subject of the email in the Subject field.
5. Enter the message for the email in the Message field.
6. Select the parameter name from the Merge Parameter Name field. You can merge the parameter names in the Subject and Message fields for the email with the generated report.
7. To send a copy of the report instantly, click the Mail Now button.
8. To save the scheduled report, click Save.
When the report is scheduled, you can view the scheduled report for the Search in the dashboard.